- Emergency Services
- Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy
Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy
Sept 22nd, 2022 - Nov 10th, 2022
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Historic Courthouse on the Square in downtown Franklin
For more information, contact
Williamson County Sheriff’s Ofc.
Williamson County Sheriff's Office
Robert M. "Dusty" Rhoades
Robert M. "Dusty" Rhoades
Sheriff's Office Citizens AcademyThis academy is FREE! It is designed to educate residents and/or business owners on how the Sheriff’s Office operates. The 8-week academy meets once a week on Thursday evenings, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. To see when the next academy begins see the gold box at left.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Vickie Pedrick to receive the application form. The application can also be downloaded from this web page and mailed to the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office. Class size is limited to 20 students and you must be at least 21 years of age to attend. Priority may be given to applicants who live and work in Williamson County, TN. You will be notified by mail if you are accepted into the next Academy.
What is a Citizens Academy?
The Citizens Academy is a 8-week program designed to provide residents with information about how the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office operates.
What is the purpose of the Citizens Academy?
The purpose of the academy is for the citizens to become familiar with their Sheriff’s Office, and to increase the knowledge and communications between the citizens and the police.
Who are the instructors at the academy? The academy instructors are the agency’s personnel and guest speakers. Each instructor teaches in his/her expertise, and has years of training and experience to share with the participants.
Who is eligible to attend the academy? Anyone 21 years of age and older is eligible and encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Citizens Academy applications can be downloaded Online. Then email the form to: Vickie Pedrick
- Citizens Academy applications can also be picked up @ the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office reception desk. Then return to Vickie Pedrick at the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office (408 Century Court, Franklin, TN 37064).
Examples Of The Subjects Covered
- Emergency Communications Center and Tour
- K9 Demonstration
- Special Operations
- Court Services
- Courthouse Security/Transportation Unit
- Civil and Criminal Warrants
- Project Lifesaver
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Detention Division and Tour/Cell Extraction
- Weapons Orientation and Practice at the Range